Delicious Brownies. Made with Quinoa. For Realsies.
March 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
Know what I just made?
Dessert I can justify as health food.
With minimal dishes, because everything goes in the food processor.
Enter the CHOCOLATE QUINOA BROWNIE.
CHOCOLATE QUINOA BROWNIES
Pulled from here.
½ cup (125 mL) quinoa
¾ cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
½ cup (125 mL) cocoa powder
1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
¼ cup (50 mL) 2% milk
2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
1. In small saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) water to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Transfer to bowl; cool to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 8-inch square (2 L) metal cake pan with cooking spray. (I used parchment paper.)
3. Place quinoa, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla in food processor. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake in centre of oven for 30 to 34 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan on rack. Cut into 9 squares. Serve dusted with icing sugar, if desired. (And eat far too many of them, since they are GOOD FOR YOU, right??)